[f-nsp] Brocade / Extreme VDX 6740 and ISSU

Gerald K. gerald at ax.tc
Fri Jul 24 10:34:09 EDT 2020

> On 21.07.20 22:50, Robert Hass wrote:
>> For all upgrades where compact-flash corruption fix is required you
>> cannot use ISSU.
>> This is what I heard from GTAC upgrading all our VDXes.

Yes, ISSU have not work in our situation on the switch with the probably
faulty flash inside. We've tried it but at some stage it complain "disk
SCSI errors", cancels the update and revert itself back to the old
software version.

But I was able to manually "netinstall" (*) from USB Software 6.0.2h on
all 4 partitions of the switch without any errors and now the switch is
back in the fabric.

Of course that do not fix any flash corruption. But it prevents a little
bit from getting worse hopefully.

Gerald

(*)
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/How-to-perform-netinstall-on-VDX-6740-and-6940-via-USB