The "Street Price" List

Joe Moell Homingin at AOL.COM
Tue Apr 29 09:29:31 EDT 1997

Thanks to all who wrote to the reflector or directly to me about my request
for a Heathkit "street prices" list.  Apparently it doesn't exist, but lots
of people would be interested in it, since I got some requests for copies of
any list I found.

Some of you asked me to post my list of sale items here, which I will do when
I get around to compiling it.  However, it's usually easiest for me to sell
at the monthly TRW and DeVry ham swap meets here.  The list would help me
know if my prices (and the prices of other people's Heath gear I might want
to buy) are reasonable.

Also our club frequently must help dispose of member estates.  Almost every
ham estate has some Heath stuff in it.  A while back there was one with
several dozen Heathkits that were sold at the swap meet for what seemed to me
like too-low prices.  (Sorry about that, folks, but it was before I heard of
this reflector.)  The "street price" list might have helped the wife get more
out of the OM's gear and---on the other side of the coin---it would help some
families realize that they can't expect the OM's gear to fetch the same price
that he originally paid for it.

So if any of you busy folks need something else to do <g>, I think the price
list would be a worthwhile project.  If nothing else, it would be helpful to
list which models are high-value or are of particular interest to collectors,
as opposed to models that are "dogs."

73 de Joe K0OV