The "Street Price" List

Chuck Penson penson at SCI.MUS.MN.US
Tue Apr 29 10:45:32 EDT 1997

Joe Moell wrote:

> Thanks to all who wrote to the reflector or directly to me about my request
> for a Heathkit "street prices" list.  Apparently it doesn't exist,

Joe and Gang,

I hope this isn't redundant but I may have missed some or all of this
discussion.

Price lists for any make of boatanchor (or any other antiques for that
matter) are very difficult to derive because the value of any given item
is extremely subjective. There are products, for example, that I value
very much (for a variety of irrational reasons) and as a result I am
willing to pay a premium. For someone else these products may be worth
very little. Price lists also have a way of setting artificial values in
concrete. I intentionally avoided including this kind of information in
the book for that reason.

Nevertheless, I would be willing to do some quick and dirty price ranges
for  various Heath products. If a few others do the same it may be
possible to integrate the prices in such a way as to come up with
reasonable numbers.

The only other way to do this would be do go through back issues of ER
and make lots of notes. That's too much like work for me <g>.

--
Chuck Penson
WA7ZZE

penson at sci.mus.mn.us
612.221.4510 voice
612.224.5092 fax
http://comped.sci.mus.mn.us

After having used the Web for a couple of years now I am convinced that
lots of information isn't always better than no information at all.