6 (six) meter Heathkits

Roy Morgan morgan at SPECKLE.NCSL.NIST.GOV
Wed Aug 6 16:33:23 EDT 1997

At 12:30 PM 8/6/97 -0700, James Trent wrote:
>I would appreciate if someone could furnish me a list of 6 meter ham
>radio kits that were offered by Heath

The XC-6 was their best tube converter: two stages of RF amplification,
remote variable gain control.  Mine is NOT for sale.

An apparently not-too-common transmitter is the HX-30 "VHF 6-Meter SSB
Transmitter/Exciter"

It's got a VFO, and uses a 6360 balanced modulator tube to generate the rf.
 Output is rated at 8-10 watts on SSB and CW, and 2-2.5 watts on AM.  It
weighs a hefty 40 pounds.

The one I have is not in operation yet, but is rising on the to-do list.
I'm impressed with the build quality:  machined planetary gear on the VFO,
good shielding, heavy copper plated cabinet ...  It is NOT for sale.

For info, pictures, and specs of many heath items visit The Heathkt Virtual
Museum at:

http://www.cyberventure.com./heathkit/default.html

To order manuals (at the highest price you can pay anywhere) go to Heathkit
Educational Systems at:

http://www.heathkit.com/

-- Roy Morgan/Building 820, Room 517/Gaithersburg  MD 20899
(National Institute of Standards and Technology)
301-975-3254 Fax: 301-948-6213  morgan at speckle.ncsl.nist.gov --