FS: SB303/401 Pair

Marcus Harton mharton at FREEDOMFORUM.ORG
Tue Aug 19 12:54:33 EDT 1997

For Sale:
SB303/SB401 Pair. This has been my main rig for 8 years. I am the second
owner on the SB303 and I'm not sure about the heritage of the SB401. I
bought it from a ham in South Carolina who had picked it up at a hamfest.

The 303 was assembled by a maintenance engineer at a television station
where I used to work. It has the 400hz CW filter. There are some scratches
on the outer case but the front panel is unblemished. It is in great shape
electrically. The only problem I know about is that the 25khz marker
oscillator doesn't work. The 100khz marker works fine, though.

The 401 is in good shape as well, but has a couple of problems I should
disclose. The qsk circuit could use attention. The qsk occassionally hangs
in the transmit position. Cycling the transmit/standby knob returns it to
receive, so I have never gone in to fix the problem. A set screw stripped
its threads on one end of the plexiglass rod between the tuning shaft and
the variable capacitor. I applied a spot of epoxy, and it works fine. Its
cabinet has more wear than the 303, but like the 303, the front panel is
unblemished. With those exceptions, it is in good shape and works fine on
all bands.

My price for the pair is $275 plus shipping (or pick up. I am in the
Washington, DC area.) I do not want to sell them separately.

I will be away from e-mail until Friday afternoon of this week. I will
answer any response to this ad before I go home that night.

73,
Marcus Harton, nz4e