Need 102 HELP!

H.J. Milo "hjm at totcon.com" at TOTCON.COM
Wed Aug 20 04:08:59 EDT 1997

Need help with a sb-102 that I got awhile back.
The rig receives fine! It dues however have a transmit problem.
It will key(any mode) and has power out of 105w but ONLY If I remove the
shield from the ground clip of V7 tube socket(6CL6 driver).
If I seat the shield, It will key(all modes)but NO power out!!(zip)
When It had power out(shield removed)the transmited freq. is NOT even
close to the receive freq. and when I fine where it is transmiting,
It sounds like a bad harmonic signal.
All the tubes checked good!, finals also. The voltages are within
tolerence +/- of the manual.
So if there is someone how may have had this problem or just knows 102
and could walk we through it, whatever info you have will be a big HELP!
Tnx. in advance HJ.