Proposed Heath WWW Reference Source

Chuck Penson penson at SCI.MUS.MN.US
Fri Aug 29 10:01:02 EDT 1997

Gary Harmon wrote:

> John Burch, a.k.a., occupant, and I have been discussing the need for a
> easy to use reference source for Heathkit part/model numbers indexed to
> nomenclature/years sold/etc.

Gary and gang...

I have such a list already in electronic form. It includes not only the
ham products, but 90 percent of the test equipment as well. Although not
entirely complete (in most cases the test gear listing have no
specifications details) it would be a big head start.

A typical entry would look like this:

SB-102  Transceiver, HF  71 74  $350  80-10 meters no warc 100w

or

IO-10  Scope 60 67  $99.95  3 in DC-200 kHz compact

I have this list in my HP200LX palmtop computer for use at hamfests,
etc. It's a little scant on detail and may not be 100 percent accurate,
but it serves my purposes.

It would not be too difficult to transfer this data to a WWW page. I
could either send you the file, or I could put it up on my server.

Let me know if you think this data would be useful...

Cheers,

--
Chuck Penson
WA7ZZE

penson at sci.mus.mn.us
612.221.4510 voice
612.224.5092 fax
http://comped.sci.mus.mn.us/staff/chuck

After having used the Web for a couple of years now I am convinced that
lots of information isn't always better than no information at all.