Heathkit HW-7 / PS / HB Linear For Sale

George Gleim George at QNQ.COM
Sat Aug 30 19:20:02 EDT 1997

I have an interesting package for sale but as you read you will see that there are
a few catches.

First, For sale is a Heathkit HW-7 QRP transceiver.  About 2 watts output and
covers the CW portions of 15, 20, and 40 meters.  The good news is that it is in
excellent cosmetic shape.  The better news is that it is currently being repaired
by RTO Electronics (noted for their expertise in Heath repair) and the expected
repair completion date is September 24.  The buyer of this radio can REST ASSURED
that it will be FULLY OPERATIONAL and will have a 90 day warrenty.

Included is the matching Heath AC power supply model HWA-7-1 (13.8 vdc)

Now, here's where it get very interesting...

The home brew linear amplifier is not built.  The design is from the 1963 edition
of the ARRL HandBook and the construction article is called "A 90 watt All Purpose
Amplifier"

I've had MOST of the parts to this amp for almost 20 years and never got around to
build it.  All of the big items are included.  Items like:  Tubes and tube sockets,
air variable capacitors, inductors, parasidic supressor, anode clip, ceramic
spacers, electrolytic capacitors, power transformers, filter chokes, panel meter,
many resistors and ceramic capacitors.  I am missing some ceramic caps and
various resistors but they ARE available.  You will also need a cabinet.  ALL
of the components are NEW or in exceptional condition.

If you have access to an old ARRL handbook, take a look at the amp.  It is a
perfect mate for the HW-7 and will take the 2 watts from the HW-7 and provide a
solid 50 watts out to the antenna.  Besides, when was the last time you built
something from a 30 year old ARRL hardbook?  I will include my ARRL HandBook so you
will have a copy of the article.

I would like to take reasonable offers for the whole shabang.  I will pay the cost
to repair the HW-7.

Thanks for reading and responding via E:Mail

George