HW 101

Steve & Anne Ray sbralr at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Mon Dec 15 22:14:30 EST 1997

Art,

The problem with the power dropping off could be in either of the 6AU6s on
both sides of the Xtal filter, also Heath came up with a mod to take R-202
out and replace it with a straight piece of wire.  Taking out R-202 will
improve the drive on 40 meters.  First try realigning T1 and T-102.  Also
spray some contact cleaner on the Xtal switch contacts.  The AGC problem is
easily fixed the solution was in the Hints and Kinks that was published in
1978.  If you need a copy of the article let me know.

Also get a 6CQ8 and replace the 6EA8 at V1, you will get much better audio
reports and improved audio drive.  Also eliminate spurs when you are on
SSB.

73,

Steve Ray    K4JPN   ex K1VKW   HW-101, HW-8,
SWL 30-40, Pixie II, NC 38S and Heath Kit fan

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH