Tube Miller Effects

Roy Morgan morgan at SPECKLE.NCSL.NIST.GOV
Thu Jul 10 10:25:32 EDT 1997

At 06:25 AM 7/10/97 -0700, Chris Trask wrote:
>On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, Snowden, Douglas wrote:

 ...  "tube miller effects". I vaguely remember reading this in
>> the past..

>        I believe that this is the plate-to-grid capacitance (Cpg),.

Coupling of signal from the plate through the grid-plate capacitance causes
an EFFECTIVE increase in the grid input capacitance.  This increase is on
the order of the circuit amplification factor times the cold grid input
capacitance.  The rusult can be a grid input impedance which is hard to
drive from the previous stage, detuning of resonant grid circuits, and
tendency toward oscillations.

-- Roy Morgan/Building 820, Room 517/Gaithersburg  MD 20899
(National Institute of Standards and Technology)
301-975-3254 Fax: 301-948-6213  morgan at speckle.ncsl.nist.gov --