UPS strike

Kelley, Dave Dave_Kelley at TEMPE.GOV
Thu Jul 31 15:55:36 EDT 1997

I thought I'd put in a good word here for the USPS.  If you haven't
checked lately, the Post Office has noticed the competition and is doing
a great job (notice I didn't say 'bang up job') on their deliveries.
It's nothing like the old days at all.  FedEx is probably better, but
you may pay more for shipping than the contents is worth.  For $3-$8 at
the USPS you can have just about anything sent anywhere in about 3 days.

I've shipped a few boxes from Arizona and within 2 or 3 days they show
up pretty much anywhere in the country.  When I get a box it's in great
shape delivered by someone who cares who I am and has a smile....and
doesn't simply ring the bell and run like a kid.  Sometimes I think UPS
actually throws my package at the door bell as they drive by!

I'm not wanting to start anything here - and I'm against unions AND
management so go figure - but if the union gets their way, something
tells me there won't be a strike but we will pay more in the end.
Unions always have a guy named "Ben Dover" working for them...ever
notice that? (management does too, but his name is Benjamin)

73 all and happy shipping

Dave AI7R