HW-16 Rcvr Mod

M. Monninger markem at PRIMENET.COM
Thu Jul 31 15:45:37 EDT 1997

We had several requests for the HW-16 receiver mod so I'll post it to the
list for all to see. It's pretty simple...

Replace the following resistors:
 R42  was 5.6K, change to a 50K or 51K resistor
 R21  was 22K,  change to a 10K 2W resistor.

I believe they're both 2W units.

The mod will greatly increase the sensitivity of the receiver. It worked
for mine.

I got this mod from Chuck Adams, K5FO. Not sure where he got it.

I have several other HW-16 mods on hard copy. If I can find it and get it
scanned in, I'll try to post it to the server. No promises but I'll try...

73...    Mark   AA&TA