Greetings

Richard H. Arland k7yha at JUNO.COM
Sun Mar 23 13:18:53 EST 1997

Hi Gang:

Been waiting for this list to appear!

My 1st Heathkit was a GR-81 superregen receiver. Mom and Dad thought it
would be a great idea to front me the money for this rig AFTER I almost
burned the house down trying to homebrew a regen receiver from an ARRL
pub! Mowed lawns for a whole summer to pay for that rig.

My first ham gear was a HR-10B and DX-40. Over the last 34 years as a ham
radio operator, I expect I've built almost 3/4 of the Heath catalog.
Stereo, ham gear, test gear, all sorts of good stuff.

My profession as a Vo Ed Electronics instructor allows me to use the
Heathkit Continuing Education series in my classroom. I teach electronics
to incarcerated male adults at a Pennsylvania state prison. These
self-paced texts are great. Written on an 8th grade level (most of my
students never finished high school), they are perfect for my
applicaiton.

Currently I have a SB-101 on the bench for a deaf receiver, a HW-101 for
transmitter problems, a SB-301 SW receiver is totally dead, and a GR-64
that needs restoring. My megre Heath collection includes these radios
plus a GR-81 and a GR-91 SW receivers from 1961, a HV power supply and a
VTVM that I use daily. 2 years ago a friend gave me a GR-78 SW receiver
STILL IN THE BOX! I am currently working on it as time permits.

73 rich K7SZ