HW7 - low output

Steve Miller kg7pv at TELEPORT.COM
Sun Mar 23 11:54:11 EST 1997

Hi.  Am posting my first msg to the heath list.  Have a HW7 (belongs to a
friend) that I am attempting to restore.  Had one bad final which was
replaced due to a broken lead.  The output is about 1/2 watt on all bands.
Seems low since the manual claims 2w out.
Any ideas on where to look?  I have checked all the obvious parts and none
seem bad and the rig tunes up properly just low.  Even tried replacing the
output filter coils on 40m to check that but no change.  So if you have been
down this road before and have help to offer, I will take it.  Or just
accept the low output.  73