Greetings...

Robert Nickels ranickel at MWCI.NET
Sun Mar 23 12:36:37 EST 1997

Hi All,

Great idea, this list!  With the Collins, Drake, BA, and now Heath
list we're getting a lot of good guys and great info!

I have a lot more Heath gear than I've ever built, althought like the
rest of you I can fondly remember the sights and smells of a newly-
arrived box from Benton Harbor, all those paper sacks of wonderful
goodies, the cardboard cartons filled with bandswitches, spiffy new
meters, and shiny transformers that _didn't_ look like they were yanked
out of an old Philco TV set!  And of course, that amazing big yellow
book.  Now fess up you guys:  How many of us ever _really_ sorted
parts out into muffin tins like we were supposed to?  How many red
nut-starters do you have?

I still use the Heath scope when I need one that isn't entangled in
six feet of workbench tangle.  Nothing beats the Heath VTVM for
aligning BC receivers.  The Mohican lives in my motorhome and the
Apache/Mohawk and Maurader only yearn for an AK-5 Speaker to be
fulfilled! (Hint Hint).  One of my favorite all-time Heath ham rigs
is the Cheyenne/Comanche/HP-20/AK-5 Speaker/Heath Mic/Field Strength
Meter station that I put on the air every so often, I call it the
Mobile DX-60, and probably lusted for it more as a kid than the car
to put it in.  As you can see, I tend to be a Heath Romantic.

Latest Heath acquisition:  Analog computer.  Anyone have one?  Would
love to find a manual and figure out something to do with it.

Keep the Heath stories coming...

73, Bob W9RAN