Another Heathen

Az0th azoth at NETCOM.COM
Mon Mar 24 10:57:59 EST 1997

Hiyall,

I'm no Heath collector, but like a great many folks I suspect, I've long
since lost count of all the Heath equipment I've used over the years,
VTVMs, power supplies, scopes, TVs, computers, you name it, not very much
of it actually mine. 'Ubiquitous' is probably the word I'm looking for.

My primary station equipment is Drake, but around the edges are some
classic and useful pieces of Heath technology. An HO-10 monitors the
4-line(s), and an HO-5404 the 7-line(s). There are 2 Cantennae, one
early, one late model. The station clock is a GC-1000. There's an
HD-16 CPO for brushing up on my code, and a GR-78 for BBC in the
back yard. There some other bits hidden here and there, like a HW-7
(as yet unmodified!) with a blown final, and an SB-610 with a truly
hideous repaint job whose innards will probably go to resurrect yet
another HO-10. It's hard to imagine a station without some Heath bit
here or there; just wouldn't be right.

Anyway, a couple of questions for educated Heathen:

  What would make a good replacement for that HW-7 final?

  Does anybody here have the Panadaptor widget for the HO-5404, or a
  schematic thereof?

Cheers es 73
de KF4FJH - RF Buchanan