FS and Hi!

John Heck jkh at LEXIS-NEXIS.COM
Wed Mar 26 09:01:30 EST 1997

Folks,
Like many others, I'm sure, I'm pleased with the idea of a Heath list. I am a
rather new ham, but my first Heathkit was a brand new AR-3 that I built when
I was about 12. I had a ball SWLing with that little radio and filled a wall
with QSL cards from hams and BC stations around the world! As others have as
well, I lost track of that rig over the years. Now that I'm back into amateur
radio(as a real honest-to-golly ham this time!) I deeply regret not hanging on
to it. My shack now features a DX-20, a HW-100, an HT-20, and assorted test gear
and other misc Heath stuff. From time to time I pick up Heath gear, recondition
it, and offer it for sale. I learn a lot about Heath stuff that way and hopefully
make some Heath gear available to folks who can't get out to the fleas and auctions
as much as I can. I'm sure looking forward to a lot of solid information exchanges
on the Heath topic in the future!

For Sale:

Heathkit IM-10 VTVM. This unit cleaned up very nicely. It is complete with all
the original leads and probes. It comes with the original manual that came with
the kit. I also have an original Heath spiral bound manual on the theory and
operation of the VTVM, which came with an instructional kit. This kit was a small
power supply which was intended to serve as a learning tool for the VTVM. I
don't have the little power supply, though. I have completely reconditioned the VTVM.
This included a wiring touch-up, a new tube, a recapping job, and a calibration.
It seems to work FB and I have checked numerous resistors and voltages against my
digital meter and it seems to be on the money, so to speak. This unit looks and
operates like new, and I will ship it anywhere in the continental US for $40. My
address is in my sig, below. Thanks.

Regards,
John Heck, KC8ETS
1009 Donson Drive