SB-104/Mail/Cramoline

Keith Rowland k4kgw at MINDSPRING.COM
Sun Nov 16 06:24:50 EST 1997

Ron, I'm posting this to the net because others may have some info on
the frequency-setting situation. Folks, Ron has just acquired an SB-104A
and is getting it in shape.  He wants to know why, when switching bands,
the VFO readout changes.  For example, say if you have it set at 7 mHz
and switch to 80 meters, it doesn't read exactlly 3.5 mHz...it will be
off by some factor.

Both of mine do this, too, but I never really gave it any thought til
Ron brought it up.  I can't think of why this should be offhand, but it
may have something to with the way the operating frequency is generated,
and may be perfectly normal.  I tend to this thought, because on mine,
whatever frequency the readout gives, is the frequency that I'm
actually  operating on.

Maybe Joe Lutz or one of the other present or former Heath hams can shed
some light on it.

I received a lot of comments on the "Mail Failure" messages, one of
which, from Sweden, suspected it may be a failed spam trap.  There were
many other comments, for all of which I am grateful.  I will delete and
ignore them.  They're still coming...I'll no doubt get one when I send
this message.

Also, again, many thanks to the fellows who commented on Cramoline.
Caig is now making several items that are even better, which is hard to
believe, but I am going to get one of them and try it.  Many thanks for
that info to all who sent it.

73, Keith

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov