Heath Nostalgia

Terry Alan Perdue terryp at HALCYON.COM
Sat Oct 4 17:45:19 EDT 1997

I've seen a few inquiries regarding the Heath Nostalgia book I
self-published in 1992. I sold two printings of about 1100 copies each at
$9.95 postpaid. It took over a year to sell the last printing, and sales
were getting pretty slow, so I didn't reprint. About half the books were
sold by Antique Electronic Supply. The rest were shipped direct, and a
monthly ad in Electric Radio was virtually my only exposure.

With such a large group of Heathkit fans subscribed to this listserver,
maybe there are enough potential customers here to warrant another go at
it.

For those of you who haven't seen the book, it's a quality 124 page
softcover, with sections on company history, pictures from the archives,
and the remembrances of a number of long-time employees (the largest
section).

The printer's biggest price break is at 1000 copies, and I'm not sure I
want to risk that large a buy again. So I would probably print a few
hundred, and ask $15 (postpaid) to make it worth the trouble. If you would
like a copy, and that price sounds reasonable, send an email to me at
terryp at halcyon.com with the subject "Book", and we'll see if it looks
worthwhile.

Thanks and 73,

Terry, K8TP

(For 18 great years, "One of the hams at Heath")

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH