SB-110A

Ray Mack mack at MAILS.IMED.COM
Tue Oct 28 09:02:17 EST 1997

Ray:

        I have often wondered how a 110A compares to a HW101 or a
SB101.  I suspect that with the exception of the tuned circuits at
50MHz, they are almost identical.  Do you or any of the Heathens out
there know the answer?

        I will look tonight at my SB101 schematic to see if it uses
the 6EB8 in the audio out.  It also sounds like the same circuit as
used in the HR10B.  I seem to recall that tube runs pretty hot as
well.  One thing to keep in mind is that these rigs use a Class A
audio out (I think I'll have to check for sure), so they actually
dissipate more power when idling than when putting out full power.

        Could you post a general description of what the receiver and
transmitter frequency ranges are for this rig? I'm curios to know how
close it is to the HF rigs.

Ray Mack
WD5IFS
mack at mails.imed.com
Friendswood (houston), TX

Subject: SB-110A
Author:  "Ray Allen; W2KBR/3" <raallen at erols.com> at mails
Date:    10/27/97 11:33 PM

Fellow  Keepers of the Green Gear:
  I have been working to get a SB110A back on line. While I have made
some success, the nagging oscillations continue to plague the rig.
Generally speaking the rig works (receives, haven't even looked at
xmit side yet)and during the sporadic band openings responds OK, except
for the oscillation that creeps back.   At this point, as soon  as she
warms up, she goes into Oscillation, backing off on the RF mutes the
receiver for a bit and the noise and oscillations return...anyway..
I note the  Audio Amp 6EB8 is running incredibly hot..voltages are ok,
a bit low but acceptable...anybody running  a "hot" 6EB8 in their
110A?.
<snip>

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov