Heath Manuals

James True n5arw at IBM.NET
Wed Sep 3 00:26:38 EDT 1997

I once ordered a copy of a small manual from Heath.  What I got was so
poorly done and so expensive that I sent it back for a refund.  Pages were
at such an angle that parts of the text went right off the edge, and the
large schematic was copied on two pages with part of the middle missing.

Interesting that Randy would assume that a woman would be making the
copies. I calculated what it would cost to copy the manual they sent me and
including the cost of the copies at the local copy shop, it came to $35.00
per hour for doing the actual work.  That must mean that the upper
management at Heath are all women.

Everyone should follow their own conscience, but I have no problem
reimbursing someone for copy costs and postage to get a manual that is
actually usable.

Just my 2p.

James

James True  N5ARW     EMail: n5arw at ibm.net
P.O. Box 13280        Voice: 501-851-8783
Maumelle, AR 72113      Fax: 501-851-8784
Wanted: National MCS table top speaker for HRO receiver