Heath Manuals -- copies

Richard B. Joerger pepper at ICANECT.NET
Wed Sep 3 19:08:29 EDT 1997

Seems to me that one of the points of the copyright laws is to protect
the publisher/author from being ripped off.

The producers of these manuals are not still shipping product.
Nor do they usually have them for sale although some will send
copies for free (Icom) if they have the manuals in stock.
These manuals are not income producing for the originators.

Technically those who provide copies may be breaking the law
but who cares!  They provide a service that the original producer
probably can't, woln't or doesn't care about.

Let's not stir up trouble where none is needed. Esp. don't tell
the law-suit-happy folks in 6 land.

Rich, WB4EHG

Daniel T Ruth wrote:

> Randy  (and the whole list),
>     Thanks (I think) for that bit of legality.  That makes me wonder
> though, does that mean that operations like W7FG, and Hi-Manuals, etc.
> are "bootleggers" or have they acquired some special dispensation for
> what they do (copy manuals)?
snip