Front panel renovations

Dave Hockaday wb4iuy at IPASS.NET
Wed Sep 3 13:06:01 EDT 1997

>Questions: Has anybody had any direct experience with the paint
>offered by R&R Designs (Heath, Johnson, Collins, etc. matching
>paint) or others? Good match? Has anyone in the group undertaken
>a similar project?
>
>Please respond to the group as there may be considerable interest
>in this topic. I would like to hear your thoughts.
>
>                          Mike (KE4HBA)

HI Mike,
I just finished painting several of my SB-series cases and they are
beautiful. I used R&R's paint. Sprays easy, didn't try to run, and was a
perfect match. Now, If I could just learn to silk screen the faces...I've
been readin g and calling lots of places, so I'm GONNA try it...I've know
one other who did it, and it looked fine, just took a lot of time to make
the screens...

Anyway, my thumbs up on the paint from R&R.

73
Dave WB4IUY

PS...I'm still looking for a front panel for an SB-101 or 102...