Heath (et al) paint finish procedures

Roger A. McCarty rmccarty at EARTHLINK.NET
Tue Apr 7 11:18:33 EDT 1998

Here is another idea that works well. To obtain that rough finish, use a
kitchen sponge.

After priming the metal and allowing the paint to dry thoroughly, apply the
finish color to a kitchen sponge, one that is pliable or at least not dry
and stiff, and then dab the paint onto the metal. Don't worry about complete
coverage, it is OK for spots of primer to show through. After this has
dried, spray the the entire cabinet with a final coat.

My results have nearly duplicated the factory finish. Experiment on a junk
piece to perfect the technique.

You can even choose a specific sponge "pattern", although you WILL get funny
looks in the grocery store as you systematically inspect all of the sponges
on the rack :0}  (been there, done that)

Roger KD6CC

<<Snip>>

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov