ISO 9000 Meets Heathkit

Richard Post post at OUVAXA.CATS.OHIOU.EDU
Fri Dec 4 16:57:38 EST 1998

Gordon,

The IM-2410 is  the last Heathkit I  built / bought from Heath. <<insert
deep drawn-out sniff   :-(   and sad face >>  I use it to keep my Heath
SG-8 sig genny (as well as my URM-25D) honest when aligning boatanchors.  I
usually run past WWV at 10 MHz and zero beat on the receiver under test to
verify the counter's accuracy each time I use it.   Haven't needed to
adjust it much since building it in B.C.  (before computers).   So for us
uninitiated, what is ISO 9000 (reply off the reflector)?

For those "odd microphone connectors" on an old sig genny, I assume you
mean the old amphenol pressure connector.  (Large screw-type connector with
center solder bump.)  If you can't find matching connectors, just slice a
bit of the nose off a PL-259.  The ring is the same thread and will happily
fit that old mike jack.  Hang a BNC female off the back of the shortened
PL-259.

Rich
      Boatanchor Pix website - KB8TAD
 http://ouvaxa.cats.ohiou.edu/~post/PIX/BA.html

visit the Museum of Radio and Technology website
   http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~postr/MRT/

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH