Let me apologize

Mitch Dickson mitch at VOLSTATE.NET
Thu Dec 24 16:34:39 EST 1998

Gentlemen,  Let me apologize to Ed and the entire group for recently loosing my cool.  I shouldn't have done that and I am sorry that I did.  Ed,  I am sorry.  It is time to let this particular thread drop.

Just a few hours before the post that started this, I had decided to re-cap some of my Heath equipment.  I got out the Digi-key catalog and the manuals.  Then I discovered that values for caps in all my manuals were posted in microfarreds, but there was not even one voltage present.  I had no idea whether a 4.7 uf  was 16, 25, 100, 160 or 250 volts!  It ment that I was gonna have to tear down my system and take the equipment completely apart, and take a dental mirror and flashlight and hunt the voltages on the caps themselves!  Fun, Fun, Fun.  Even Funai lists caps  2.2 at 50V.

Shortly after this blessed discovery, this thread started.  Ought from ought is ought, and tails from tadpoles are frogs, and then Ed came in an told me he helped write these manuals and hit me with the "why don't you tell us on what you base your opinion, Mitch" line.  So I proceded to tell Ed how the milk got in the coconut. Well,  I have absolutely nothing against Ed and he is probably a fine gentleman, It was me who lost my cool.  I took it that I was being scolded like a schoolboy and that it was assumed that I had no idea what I was doing.  I work a "hard" bench and troubleshoot very complicated circuits for a living, 8 to 10 hours a day.  I depend on good quality schematics and when a piece of equipment is lacking, it costs me time and money.

I bought the Heath because I love the looks and the feel of the stuff and intend to keep using my Heath just as long as I can keep it running.  I wish to apologize to all here for going balistic.  CU  73  AE4YW  Mitch