Yesterday's comments to RobCap at aol.com

Kevin C. Hess hess at HPBS3116.BOI.HP.COM
Wed Feb 11 12:22:09 EST 1998

I received an e-mali from Rob stating that I had offended him with my
comments yesterday relating to posting messages that had (in my view)
little or no content for this list.

It is my policy to never post private e-mail without the consent of the
author.  In his current state of mind, Rob's not likely to give me much
of anything I might ask of him.  So I can't tell you what he said to me
on this topic.  He did demand that I post a public appology to the list
for all to read.

I did try to explain my view to him, and to point out that the way he
intended his message is not the way it is received by everyone else.
Never the less, an appology is demanded by him.  This is the same one
which I e-mail him earlier this morning.

     I did not call you names, or question your intelligence, or your
     sincerity, or your integrety, or your honesty.  I made the error
     of thinking that a small public comment would do more to change
     your behavior than an ineffectual e-mail.  I see now that I was
     in error in thinking you were open to any communication other than
     the purchase of unbuilt Heath Kits.  I'm sorry I hit a nerve.

I will continue to remain on the list, but as a lurker only.

My best to you all,

--Kevin

The statements/opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of the
Hewlett-Packard Company.  HP pays a research firm millions of dollars
to get their own opinions; and HP clearly does not wish to share mine.

Kevin C. Hess (KB7UKR)         Hewlett-Packard Workgroup Color Division
hess at boi.hp.com                (208) 396-3384   Boise, Idaho  83704

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH