Fools rush where........

Ray Allen, Sr., W2KBR/3 raallen at EROLS.COM
Wed Feb 11 12:56:01 EST 1998

Heath Folks:
  I wasn't going to comment on the "Unbuilt Heathkit" thread, but after
reading todays mail, my subject line explains why I am reply-ing.
This is a Personal opinion, and you know what Opinions are like..
Everybody's got one.....I'm certainly not going to take sides..in fact
I'm on a totally different side...Unbuilt Heathkits are to me...just
a box of parts, new parts (NIB, or NOS), cold, without character or
charisma, just parts.  Over-valued, over-priced, over-protected, and
can start an argument at the drop of a hint.  As for me, I'll take an
old dusty, crusty, dust laden piece of whatever that more than likely
provided hour upon hour of enjoyment to some ole crusty bugger like
myself, and who may now be an SK, (sometimes I feel like that). Now
That has character, charisma, and potential to make somebody else happy
either getting it back "on line" or if the buggers' just shot in the
slats, then the piece/parts may help to get another Heathkit up
and running, and on the air.  Not like "unbuilt Heathkits" that sit
in some dark closet, waiting to be shot into where-ever for the turn
of a buck...and start feuds about how they shud be handled.

Well different strokes for different folks, I guess, ..anyway I've had
quite a few "unbuilt" Heathkits in my day, and you know what...
I built every one of them....and had lotsa fun doin it....and you can
bet your last dollar if I ever come across another..I built that also

TTFN es 73 Ray

--
Ray Allen, Sr., W2KBR/3
8303 Grainfield Road