HW-16: RF Gain pot bad twice

WB9IOG WB9IOG at REVEALED.NET
Fri Feb 27 14:15:04 EST 1998

Sheldon Darack wrote:

> >Between the VFO coil slug and the trimmer on the side of the tuning variable
> >cap, you should be able to align the frequency at the top and bottom of the
> >band pretty well.
> >
> >Good luck on your code practice.
> >
> >John...
> >WB4LNM
> >
> >"One of the Hams from Heath"
> >
> Are you sure it is necessary to adjust the trimmer? My HW16 dial slips when
> I turn too far at either eextreme.  Then the dial is off by tens of KHz.  I
> just go to the other extreme to get it back ( a  couple iterations).  Do
> you know how to prevent this slippage???
> Shel  WA2UBK  shel at lucent.com
>
>Shel
That problem is common from all that I've worked on.
Reason seems to be the single slotted set screw used on the dial
retainer hub.
If you change to an allen head set screw you should be able to put more
tension on the set screw and it will not slip as easily.
Mike
Now on #11 HW 16 restoration.
Le Claire, Ia

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov