prices (espeically on Heath gear)

Chuck K3FT k3ft at EROLS.COM
Fri Feb 27 14:21:06 EST 1998

A classic case of caveat emptor coupled with the fact that emotions
drive the economy rather than the real 'need' of having something. (see
'tickle me Elmo' for an example).

The true joy of an auction - or any sale for that matter - (especially
of Heath gear, for those 'greenie eyed' amongst us, of which I'm one!)
is the thrill of the chase, the capture of the prize, and the toting it
home to display, show, use, and admire. It matters not if I paid 'too
much' (in another's opinion) for a green box.. it's in what I view as
reasonable - plus that great intangible we call 'joy' at getting
something we wanted.

so.. lets just enjoy what we buy or sell .. and let others do what they
will. After all, if you are a neophyte 'instant trader', you will have
the chance to learn a great lesson in the marketplace. (Although I've
found all the folks I've dealt with more than reasonable on this
reflector!)

73

Chuck K3FT

'One of the hams who's owned Heathkits'