not all newbees are Evil, and you (each of you) were beginners once.

Shelley shelleys at KALAMAZOO.NET
Thu Jul 23 00:41:40 EDT 1998

Hi,
As I sit around reading this list (and waiting for my first callsign to be processed by the FCC) I'm not feeling too great about all of this "no brainer" talk and assumption that all newbies are the root of all Evils on ham bands.
I haven't even gotten out there yet and already I've been made to feel (as a Tech  NoCode) as if I am (pre)viewed as an idiot and a criminal.
Thanks, guys.  Just remember, you were once new too.
Btw, just because the test may seem simple doesn't necessarily mean all who took it are.

Shelley (a HAM awaiting a callsign)