What is a Heathkit - from a Newbee

Shelley shelleys at KALAMAZOO.NET
Fri Jul 24 16:03:01 EDT 1998

Wow.
Beautifually said, and taken very much to heart, Rich.
I agree very much (I only wish I had the way with words that you and others
on this list have)
Thank you.
I may have just picked up and used my first multimeter this week and I have
a very long way to go, but I know that in careful plodding but steady steps
I will get there and one day (just maybe not be a day this week! *grin*)
I too will most likely create a radio that I can point to and say "I built
that" - in due time.
Same for the code. I did take the code test on the day of the exam. I just
happened to have flubbed it (*blush*).
I knew my only one day's effort I'd been able to dedicate to it and my
measley 12 recognized letters would not be enough to pass but at least I
know what it is like to be tested for CW and I will be back after this too,
in slow plodding steps and several testing sessions if that's what it takes.
I first came to the Heathlist to find an inexpensive radio to get started
on. I stayed because of what I learn just watching the detailed technical
advice I see shared and exchanged here as well as the fierce loyalty to
Heath that I see here. Both aspects (helpfulness to others and loyalty to
something of value) I think demonstrate two ideals of HAM and are great
"lessons by example" that make this list an ideal spot for a beginner, IMHO.

Shelley, KC8KRN  (<---------isn't that about the most lovely thing you have
ever seen? Lemme write it just one more time..  KC8KRN oh yeah!)
:)