DX-60 QUESTIONS

GREGORY HEATH KB2QQM at EMAIL.MSN.COM
Sat Jul 25 13:01:21 EDT 1998

Hi, I just bought 2 dx-60's......Has anybody replaced the caps in your rig?
I mean the big 40Ufd 450 volt ones.  can I substitue the 40 Ufd ones for
47ufd?  I am not sure the 40 ufd ones are still available.  Would switching
caps make a big difference, or are the values close enough?
    There is another cap  its a 2X20ufd.  it has one lead going in and 2
coming out.  I guess it is just 2 self contained caps in parallel.  does
anyone know of a replacement .
On the schematic it is just left of the transformer and left of  FS-2.  it
is labeled C39A, directly below R17.
    Does anyone have a parts list for this rig.  I bought the schematic from
the "manual guys"....not naming them.  I wish to do a mod for the speech
section and would like to replace all the caps and other parts.  It would be
nice to know, or to have a parts list.  They did not come with the manual.
I will pay for copies. just email me
    other questions....One of the models is the dx-60, and the other is the
dx-60a.  The dx-60 has a 1/4" jack for the microphone, and the 60A has like
a screw on type mic, ???? can the jack just be replaced with a 1/4" jack.
any mods i dont know about that.
I got the 60A in the mail yesterday, and went thru it and it looked good so
tried it out and no smoke....but the rig puts out a carrier upon selection
of AM, OR CW.  I thought it would only key up if the key was held down, or
the microphone was engaged.  any ideas?
    ok, only one more question....next to the 6146 in the final section,
there is a separate wire thats just loose..  it comes up thru the bottom of
the rig tray...what is it for.?
  seems like it performs nothing.
    I would be interested in hearing from anybody, to teach this newbie
something.
Thanks Greg.

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov