HW-101 CW Keying

Dave Edwards ham at CYBERCOMM.NET
Wed Jun 10 16:29:33 EDT 1998

Back in the '70s I had a hot water 101.
I found a small circuit in a ham magazine which made the relay
closure faster so as not to miss the first dit.
I used my Graphics class to photo the etching pattern and made a
small circuit board.
That circuit fixed the problem completely!!
I have no idea anymore where the circuit was or came from.
At worse case, you can send the rig to RTO electronics and
they will fix 'er up.
...Dave

At 06:43 AM 6/10/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Fellow Green Machine Users,
>
>Glad I finally found the list and have learned a lot already but now I need
>some help. I have also searched the archives and haven't seen anything
>about this problem.
>
>I have had my HW-101 for about 25 years and have used it alot but never
>really been happy with the way that the cw keying worked ( relay chatter at
>slow speed) but have used it anyway.
>
>I recently got the bug to get on the air, but my old baby no longer keys
>properly. It misses the first dit or dah of a character. PTT and tune
>positions work fine and the relays pull in immediately but not with CW, and
>it does make it kind of hard for people to copy me HI.
>
>I have been over the service bulletins and they haven't helped. I have
>changed tubes and components, but still have the problem. I must be missing
>something. Anybody else had a problem like this? Is there a quick fix or
>mod to improve the cw keying?
>
>BTW the rig was at one time aligned and checked out by the factory, so at
>one time at least it was totally up to spec.
>
>Any and all help would be appreciated.
>
>TNX es 73,
>                Ed WA9YYF
>
>--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --
>To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
>and in body: subscribe HEATH yourfirstname yourlastname
>To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
>and in body: signoff HEATH
>Archives for HEATH: http://www.tempe.gov/archives

Dave Edwards  WB2TBB
"It's a dog-eat-dog world . . . and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear."
--Norm Peterson

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH