Manual for HW-20

David Piekarski piekarsk at RICHNET.NET
Sun Jun 14 19:32:47 EDT 1998

I just returned from the Goodyear ARC Hamfest in Akron and I managed to find what appears to be a complete un-modified HW-20. I believe it even has the original hand-mike.

I did a quick smoke test on the unit and it appears to be delivering full ouput on both AM and CW. Unfortunately, when I switch to CW the unit switches to transmit and says there. Obviously something wrong with that.

I would like to go through this unit and get it back up to full operation.

To that end, does anyone have a manual that they would be willing to copy for me? I will pay any copying and postage charges.

Also, is there any activity on 2 meter AM? And if so, where-abouts does it usually take place?

Any help on the manual will be appreciated, and anyone that has war-stories or otherwise with regard to this particular rig or in actually operating on 2M AM, I would really enjoy hearing from you.

David Piekarski
KC8KBA