Help - Sorry it's non-Heath, but I'm desperate

Multi-Volti Devices multi-volti at SOFTHOUSE.COM
Tue May 19 00:11:03 EDT 1998

Hello:

Due to the likelihood of this group having a potential solution,  I am
resorting to a request for non-Heath help.

My 3-year old stepped on one of my hard drives while it was running
externally (I was working on the PC). It does contain alot of email from
the Heath list, now that I think about it :o).

The drive clunks now, and isn't recognizable by the motherboard. I think my
best and only affordable solution is to try swapping the on-board
controller.

It's a Western Digital Caviar AC1210F. I thnk their position is that they
won't sell the pcb separately, but I haven't gotten a response from them
yet.

If someone has retired one of these 'puny' 210 MB drives and would like to
sell it (formatted is fine), PLEASE let me know.

Murray

Murray Leshner
Multi-Volti Devices
349 Lane Ave