HV stories

Terry Dobler kj7f at MICRON.NET
Fri Nov 27 21:05:08 EST 1998

At 03:11 PM 11/27/98 -0600, you wrote:

>        Well, there isn't anything in a PC to send anyone blasting across
a >room. I have however gotten one (that's all it takes) real good jolt.
When I >have monitors apart I am very paranoid about the anode, never got
zapped from >there - lkewise with DC power amps (paranoid that is).

That is assuming you are not messing about inside the switch mode power
supply in the PC.   They often rectify the line AC and use that voltage
to drive the switcher.  This could lay you flat if you aren't looking
for it.

I've been bit a few times, always because I got in a hurry and was
not paying attention to what I was doing.   Never work on any power
supply when you are tired, have had a few beers, or are in a hurry.
You only live once.

Terry

kj7f at micron.net  DN-13vo  (Boise, Idaho)  http://netnow.micron.net/~kj7f

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov