HW-9 "factory-built" summary...

Guy G. Giacopuzzi DDS ggg3dds at JS-NET.COM
Tue Oct 13 10:07:33 EDT 1998

Radman wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Thanks to the many who responded to my question re: was
> there ever a partial or factory-built version of the HW-9.
> The unanimous answer was: no! One gentleman suggested that
> there may have been some factory-built "display" units --
> presumably for the Heath retail stores -- but, he couldn't
> confirm it.
>
> That raises an interesting question: "Were there Heath
> factory-built display/demo products of all the kits for
> all the Heath stores?"The answer is an absolute yes!  I own an SB-620 with a "factory
assembled" sticker.  I don't know to what degree this practice was
carried out.  We had an SB-104plain in our store that I'm almost certain
was factory built.  My manager would routinely take home Heath audio
products, build them, and return them to the sound room a week later for
demo.  He would ask me to build certain kits for demo, as new ones came
out--typically little kits that he wasn't interested in--anything of any
significance he wanted to build.  He was a real Heath fanatic...I think
I remember some other ham rigs being factory built for display--I
remember an SB-200 and an Hw-101 with factory stickers.  The sticker,
incidentally, is black on gold backround...

ggg

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH