HW-9 "factory-built" summary...

Presenceknown.com ai7r at PRESENCEKNOWN.COM
Tue Oct 13 10:46:32 EDT 1998

Hi gang...

I worked for the Heath store here in Phoenix for a short time.  We would get
orders from time to time for assembled gear.  For some small amount of money
the manager would let me do the building. (he paid ME...today I'd pay
him...grin)  I remember building 25 signal generators for a school.  My
house was an assembly line with parts all over the place.  But, they all
worked!

I seem to remember in the catalog that some items were available wired and
there would be a W in the part number.  If there ever WAS an HW-9 available
as wired, and I never saw such a thing, it would have been an HW-9W.  That's
how I remember it....but then again, don't ask me what I had for breakfast.

The HW-9 that is on eBay is being pushed as a kit....when in reality,
someone just didn't finish by mounting the boards that they built.  So, it's
the least fun part of a kit.  I hope they don't get top dollar for it from
some unsuspecting person thinking they are getting something special.  Now,
an HW-9 in a kit form to me is worth a lot....but building the boards would
be the fun part.

73

Dave
AI7R