One last service story

Multi-Volti Devices multi-volti at SOFTHOUSE.COM
Thu Oct 29 01:04:20 EST 1998

Hello:

Retired Heath engineer Bill Denk is a neighbor of sorts (neighbor to my business, not my home). He designed some older gear (MR-1, MT-1, SB-301, if I remember).

He told me a story about a guy who bought a DX-100, assembled it,and was very angry with his results. He shipped it back with an angry letter. The service department decided to 'kill the guy with kindness', so to speak.

I don't recall how bad the received condition was, but they built the guy a new one, and shipped it to him with a tongue in cheek explanation that a few minor reapirs parts were made and parts replaced.

Murray