Fw: Stuph

Steve & Anne Ray sbralr at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Wed Sep 9 20:38:12 EDT 1998

I use a SB650 and have for a number of years, the only weakness in it is
that Heath used some cheap sockets for the ICs and periodically I have to
pull the ICs and spray contact cleaner on them.  SB650 are hard to fine,
but well worth it for a HW-101, SB-100 series or SB301/SB401 combo.  There
are several good digital readouts now available for older rigs.  For my
HW-8 I use a Oak Hills Research DD-1.  http://www.ohr.com/  I came up with
a simple circuit (just a emitter follower to isolate it from the mixer
stage and I get direct freq readout.  I also use a DD-1 with my OHR 100A
for 30 Meters.  Also MileStone Technology makes a interesting looking
counter, I have only read the reviews, but it deserves looking into.
http://www.mtechnologies.com/aade.htm#ddf.   Another brand of interest is
S&S at http://www.xmetric.com/sseng/fc3.shtml  There is another QRP vendor
who advertises a digital readout with 3 inputs for HFO, BFO and VFO that
can be configured for a number of rigs.  Unfortunately I cannot seem to
find him.   Realize these are only recommendations on where to look I
cannot vouch for the validity of the products.  They would be of interest
to me if I was presently looking for another digital readout.

73,

Steve Ray    K4JPN   ex K1VKW   HW-101, HW-8,
SWL 30-40, Pixie II, NC 38S, OHR 100A 30 M and Heath Kit fan

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH