Need Info On....

Christian Fandt cfandt at NETSYNC.NET
Sun Apr 11 18:30:06 EDT 1999

Upon the date 04:13 PM 4/11/99 -0500, James D. Mayfield said something like:
>Hey guys, a local TV station has asked me to help them with a story on the
>Titanic. They want me to demo SOS with a key. I plan to rig a fake, but
>very large spark gap. Also going to use some radios of the time that I have
>along with some others like my Globe Kings, and 75A2 and or my A3. I am
>looking for any web sites that have info on the Titanics radio room. There
>are tons of Titanic web sites, but I have yet to see one with anything on
>the Wireless room.. Do you know of any sites????

Have you checked the AWA site? On the front page we've got a bit about the
Titanic, it's radio operator John G. Phillips, who sent the final msg, and
a sound clip of the msg recreation. We've got several working spark
transmitters in the Museum so I believe it's recorded from one of them.
I've none of that new-fangled sound thing on my computer yet so I haven't
heard the clip yet myself.

Also, upstairs in the Main Museum building we've got a simulated radio room
with the same type gear setup as used on the Titanic. Check with Ed Gable,
K2MP, our curator, to see if we could offer more help to you. He's featured
on the same front page. We try, if possible, to help museums and folks like
you and the local TV station with accurate information or whatever on radio
history. The AWA URL is usually in my sig as seen below . . .

Good luck with your project!

Regards,  Chris
-- --
Christian Fandt,         Electronic/Electrical Historian
Jamestown, NY  USA      cfandt at netsync.net
Member of Antique Wireless Association

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov