HW-101 mobile bracket WTB/HP-13

Ed Curran sandys1 at IX.NETCOM.COM
Mon Apr 12 19:17:41 EDT 1999

Hi All,

I, at one time had my HW-101 mounted in a 1971 AMC Gremlin, and used a
Hustler Ant on the back. I was not licensed at the time to transmit, but
used it regularly fox hunting on ten meters, and did very well at it, as
the way the ant and car were, it was almost like having a beam.

In case you are not familier with the mobile bracket, it is not a bracket
in the conventional sense. It was plate and bracket which mounted to the
transmission hump that the radio was plugged into. It had rods from the
back that connected to screws in the side of the case.

It worked well in the gremlin except since I had a stick shift it had to be
to the right of the shift lever, and in so doing took up most of the
passenger seat, which was not all bad as I liked the extra support that the
seat gave it, as I did not find it real sturdy.

The radio can't have had any modifications to the back panel or it will not
plug in.

If I needed to have someone in the car I had to take the rig out and the
back plate.
There were sometimes that I justed plugged the cables into the rig and just
let it
sit on the seat.

BTW, the Heath Nr is SBA-100-1.

I still have the bracket and my mobile supply, and no none of it is for
sale, as who knows, I might decide to try it again.

73 to all, es tnx fer the bandwidth, Ed  WA9YYF

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH