TX-1 Apache - Parts and Modifications

Dan Osborne dosborne at TCS003.CHIPSHOT.NET
Tue Apr 20 11:09:37 EDT 1999

Some questions for those of you Heath'ens that are schooled in the ways of
the Apache....

1)              Anyone have a source for those rubber feet that bolt to the bottom of
those big
                green, heavy cabinets ? Mine have all cracked and dried out - this causes
scratches
                and black marks on tabletops when moving the unit. XYL has made threats
if this
                problem is not resolved....

2)              I have seen several references to mods that improve the am audio
quality for the
                Apache - does anyone have suggestions about the most effective and tested
ones ?

3)              I have also heard of a push to talk (PTT) mod/addition as well. Anyone
have info on this ?

(BTW, I don't believe this information is copyrighted.)

Many thanks for the help,

Dan Osborne  WB5AFY
dosborne at tcs003.chipshot.net
972-714-1155 (work)