b.c -312 m

Christian Fandt cfandt at NETSYNC.NET
Sun Apr 25 21:12:27 EDT 1999

Upon the date 05:52 PM 4/25/99 -0400, kevin smith said something like:
>picked this up today anybody know anything about them i think its a amy
>rec. from w.w.2??????

Hi Kevin and others who have such mil gear:

There's a reflector for surplus gear and you could subscribe using info
found in the info I've copied for you below:

>--

>command in the body of your email message:
>
>    unsubscribe milsurplus
>
>or from another account, besides cfandt at netsync.net:

>If you ever need to get in contact with the owner of the list,
>(if you have trouble unsubscribing, or have questions about the
>list itself) send email to <owner-milsurplus at qth.net> .
>This is the general rule for most mailing lists when you need
>to contact a human.
>
>MilSurplus is a mailing list (reflector) open to all radio
>amateurs for discussion of MilSurplus.
>
> * Anything MilSurplus Related
>
>This list is for the discussion of Military Surplus Electronics.
>
>To be added to the mailing list:
>
>TO:       majordomo at qth.net
>SUBJECT:
>BODY:     subscribe milsurplus
>
>To be removed from the mailing list:
>
>TO:       majordomo at qth.net
>SUBJECT:
>BODY:     unsubscribe milsurplus
>
>To post information/questions to the list:
>
>TO:       milsurplus at qth.net
>
>This mailing list is sponsored by Al Waller (K3TKJ).
>
>Please refer to: http://www.qth.net/
>
>Please address any questions to: listowner at qsl.net

As for your BC-312M here's a bit of info:

Covers the freq. range 1.5-18 MHz and was used in tanks during WWII and
maybe into the Korean Conflict era although the BC-603 another poster had
asked about was also used until the RT-66, -67, -68 was issued. IF freq. of
470KHz. Has 9 tubes. Uses a dynamotor power supply running from 12VDC
-that is if it hasn't been converted to 115VAC mains power by a previous
owner. The Dynomotor is designated as DM-21. An "X" version, i.e., with a
number BC-312-M-X for example, runs off 24 VDC. I have a BC-342 in my
collection which is essentially identical except for its being built for
115VAC and typically used in ground-based fixed locations.

My 342 is a fairly hot receiver when hooked up to a decent-length longwire
antenna. Good for SWLing.

Regards,  Chris
-- --
Christian Fandt,         Electronic/Electrical Historian
Jamestown, NY  USA      cfandt at netsync.net
Member of Antique Wireless Association

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov