power cords

John Farrington jfarr at LIVINGSTON.NET
Sat Aug 7 15:44:44 EDT 1999

At 01:10 PM 08/07/1999 -0500, keØms wrote:
>Can anyone tell me, when selling (or buying) a rig like a HW-xxx
>or SB-xxx, does the associated power cord usually come with the
>RADIO or the power cord.  I have a HW-101 that is complete that I
>want to sell, but I'm keeping the power supply.  Do I keep the
>cord or let it go with the radio.  I am hoping to be "proper" here.

I believe Heath made various interconnects: for example, with the
SB-104A and its HP-1144 power supply, the interconnecting cable
was not detachable from the PS, and plugged into the transceiver
with a connector that is not now readily available. The problem
with buying and selling is the connectors on the cable ends - it's
getting hard to find some of the old-types, so if a person wants
to buy or sell a Heathkit, that should be taken into consideration;
otherwise, some not-so-simple rewiring, RF shielding, and time-
consuming scrounging for adaptable parts may be necessary.

Another thing to consider: some models had "Accessory" sockets on
the rear panel which required a matching plug to be inserted even
though there were no connections to external devices.

John  KE5ZB

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov