power cords results

Wayne & Deb Harrah harrah at IA.NET
Sat Aug 7 17:20:52 EDT 1999

Heath People,

Thanks for the opinions on the power supply cords with the radio VS with the
power supply.  The replies were pretty evenly split down the middle.

This is a strange case, because the PUTZ (nice word for
&%$#@$^()($#@@#%&^$$%^% IDIOT) who put the set together put the FEMALE
11-pin plug in the RADIO, and the MALE end (very dangerous) on the power
supply.  I just dont' have time to change it.  And I need the money.

Therefore, it seems I may need to try to sell them together to get my money
out of them (while not hosing someone,) unless they want a parts radio
only..  This rig could be made to work well with just a a little work, but,
I don't have the time now.  I'd rather have some money.  Radio is
cosmetically about a 9, electrically it is about a 8, but could be a 10 with
only a little work I think. Radio has the CW filter, TX out is 90+ watts, RX
is good, but intermittent.  TX TUNE is great, TX with key oscillates TX RX
TX RX TX.... etc.  perhaps VOX tube is bad.?  Oh, the main tuning knob is
non-original spinner

Write me if you are interested.  Was gonna sell the radio alone for $50, but
will sell them with a  Non working HP-23A (fried 10k 2W resistor, otherwise
perfect) for  $95.  .  Shipping from 52402 would be extra.  I used a
working -23A to test the rig out.

Otherwise, off to hamfest tomorrow to see what happens there.  After that,
off to EBAY.  Parts alone (sigh) are worth that.  I'll even throw in a
manual for the -101, but it's cover has seen better days....But it's all
there.

Thanks for the BW.

Buzz, keØms

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov