Manuals in pdf file format??

Dick Blaney wb8mhe at BRIGHT.NET
Mon Aug 9 18:57:56 EDT 1999

I checked the BAMA download site yesterday, and Ken Grimm has some of
the "new/old" restoredfiles, (after suffering that "Hack Attack"),
back up in pdf format.  You have to go in through the directory, as he
hasn't got the web page "fixed" yet.

ftp://bama.sbc.edu/

73 de
Dick, WB8MHE
wb8mhe at bright.net

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Richard Post <post at OUVAXA.CATS.OHIOU.EDU>
    To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
    Date: Monday, August 09, 1999 5:40 PM
    Subject: Re: Manuals in pdf file format??

    Heath kids,

    Why not a schematic archive? Heath had a number of its schematics
published in related books. Dale Wentz and the BAMA archive already
have a number available as BMPs and gifs. I can't imagine the Heath
folks being overly upset with old schematics on the web.

    Rich

    Built my first Heathkit as a young kid, the AR-3 on my webpage :-)
    Built my last Heathkit as an old kid, IM-2410 freq. counter, sniff
:-(

    Boatanchor Pix website - KB8TAD
    http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~postr/bapix/
    mailto:postr at ohiou.edu
    visit the Museum of Radio and Technology website
    http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~postr/MRT/

    >Hello Greenies and heathenites:
    >
    >Has anyone given any thought about archiving manuals in the pdf format?
    >That seems like that would be the way to go. You could conveniently view
    >and print them, if necessary, and the file sizes would be relatively
    >small.
    >Richard Prescott
    Sponsored by the City of Tempe
    Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov Listserver Subscription: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov - "subscribe heath 'name' 'call'" Listserver Unsubscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov - -"signoff heath"

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov