Radios Being Parted Out.

Mike Shelton sheltonm at PHYSICS.UNC.EDU
Wed Dec 1 14:46:34 EST 1999

I too have watched Heath radios go to the scrap yard so to speak, and
it bothers me a lot, even watching other "Brands do the same". But
unfortunenaly due to the availabliity of original parts being cosmetic
or special winding coil, transformer etc. some will have to give way
to RESTORE others! It is the only way, some Hams are helping to bring
new life into these units by new boards, helping find "N.O.S." parts
and fabbing up replacements. And to some extent our hands are tied
as to make authenic replicated or originals again due to Heath still
holding that card on us.Some of the Hams ought to approach the company
and ask for the rights to remanufacture these units or at least some
popular parts, I am working on some coils for the SB610 and a few other
small items, but that is a drop in the bucket compared to all the Radios
Heath sent out the doors. and in my conversation's with other Hams I
hear these words " I wish I had kept that Heath Radio". My start in
electronics was spawned by Heath, Lafayette and do you'all remember
Burstein-Applebee?
 I hope this does not really fire anyone up but this is my personal
opinion.
--
-Mike

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov