Keep those auction notices coming Jack!

Carl Hyde cshyde at YAHOO.COM
Wed Dec 1 14:21:42 EST 1999

Pay no attention to those stone age Cretins Jack. I
don't mind being informed of gear for auction on ebay
and in fact I buy and sell a lot of equipment on ebay.
At todays count ther are 3,300 pieces of radio
equipment on ebay. So someone is using it!  The
reprobates who complaned about your posting should
just learn to use the delete key when they see a
posting with an auction suggestion. We solved this
problem on the Collins reflector by asking people to
put the prefix FA (For Auction) in the subject line.
That way the people who's shorts get twisted by
auction notices can set FA up in their kill file and
never see the postings. Otherwise, I believe the first
amendment still applies to free speech even on this
reflector and if you don't like auction notices then
delete them and quit whining about it.

Auctions are the only measure of the true value of
anything. I have listed equipment for sale on this and
other reflectors and had no takers or offers. So I put
it on ebay and it sells. I also buy equipment on ebay
and pay what I think is a reasonable price for
something I really want when its available. And there
is far more Heathkit equipment available on ebay (275
listings today) than appears on this reflector in 6
months.

The best thing about ebay however is the 400 shares I
bought at $12.75 three years ago in my IRA that is
worth a little more than that now.

So keep those notices coming Jack cause papa needs a
new Mercedes Benz!!!

=====
Carl S.HYDE
W2CSH
cshyde at yahoo.com
Eagles May Soar, But Weasles Never Get Sucked Into Jet Engines!

Politics: From the Greek word Poli, meaning many and
the word tics, meaning blood sucking parasites.

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov